The Agency within its establishment has an internal audit unit that plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the Agency’s reputation as a whole is upheld. It does this by assessing the quality of risk management processes, systems of internal control and corporate governance processes, across all parts of the Agency and reports directly and independently to the Director General and to the Board Audit Committee.
Key Roles of Internal Audit:
Internal Audit strives to fulfil the following key roles;
- Assurance – provides objective evaluations of the entire Agency system of Internal Controls, Risk Management and Governance.
- Advise – it partners and advises Management to help focus on what really matters.
- Anticipate – Serves as an early warning
- System –Enables deficiencies to be identified and remediated on a timely manner.
- Information – Provides audit results in a format that helps Management understand the design adequacy and operating effectiveness of Risk Management activities by addressing the following concerns.